How to Care for Your Ceramic Tile
- Purchase a good quality dust mop and sweep your ceramic tile floors daily. This is especially important in new installations where the grout has not fully cured. Dirt, mud, and sand tend to ground into the grout mortar from heavy foot traffic.
- Dirt collecting carpet mats should be placed in frequently used entrances and shaken out weekly.
- We do not recommend the use of floor waxes as they can be difficult to remove from ceramic tile floors. As long as your floor is properly sealed and maintained, you should find no need for these products.
- Shower stall and tub enclosures should have proper ventilation. Stagnant water breeds stain causing mildew as well as other fungi.
- Many tile cleaners are acid based and their use should be limited. Always read the manufacturers label to find out. All acids, no matter how weak, will etch marble surfaces. Natural marble is commonly installed as thresholds in doorways and is also installed in window sills and shower curbs. In addition, avoid any cleaner that contains harsh abrasives.
- Mop or sponge your tile down 2 to 3 times weekly. Mix 1 capful of dishwashing liquid per gallon of hot water. Mop up excess water and allow to dry. Buffing with a dry towel will help to reduce spotting.
Daniel's Floor Care Is Experienced in All Methods of Cleaning
If you want to hire a carpet cleaning company with a perfect reputation, call 717-304-2234 (Reading Number).
Our 8 step tile cleaning process goes way beyond other cleaners. Click the banner on the top right for a FREE estimate.
Daniels Floor Care
7 Little Mountain Rd
Myerstown, PA 17067
What's the best method of carpet cleaning?